Monday, October 3, 2011

Making a raincoat...

Raincoats are boring.

And so I have decided to make my own. I've bought some oilcloth from Ikea and am now trying to figure out how to make the seams water tight. Pretty important for a raincoat. There is probably lots of info on making raincoats but I'm too lazy to google it so I'm just going to wing it. Awesome :)



I did read eHow.com which was a little helpful, but doesn't say anything about seams. Anyway, I made a sketch of what I want it to look like:



Now I'm going to find a pattern for a coat that matches my idea of what this coat should look like.

My plan is to post the project with pictures to show how I did it. And then it's hoping that the coat will actually be water tight because otherwise all those posts will be useless ;)

UPDATE: there's only one extra post about my successful making of this raincoat :)You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...